- In this 5 page paper (page count excludes title page and reference page), you will choose either Solution-Oriented (focused) Family Therapy or Narrative Family Therapy and apply the chosen model to the Del Sol Family Case Study (Thomlison pp. 219-222).
- Do not use an abstract with this paper, start with a standard APA title page. You must have an introductory paragraph that includes a clear thesis statement as well as a brief explanation of why you chose the model you selected.
- Following your introduction, you must demonstrate clinical understanding of the approach chosen, including a description and explanation of the core principles; the role of the therapist in relation to the family, key intervention strategies, and expected outcomes associated with this perspective. Please include the use of one of the family assessment instruments presented in Chapter 9 of the Thomlison text by describing how this instrument could be used to inform assessment of this family. This first section of your paper should be approximately 3-4 pages.
- Following this, you will demonstrate your ability to apply this theoretical perspective in practice by providing descriptions and examples of three specific family therapy sessions with the Del Sol family; the opening session, a middle session, and a closing session. Each session description should include the goal for the session, hoped-for outcomes, intervention strategies, sample dialogues and/or activities between the therapist and the family, and a plan for closing the session. Include cultural and ethical considerations that might arise in working with this family from this perspective. Please include the use of one of the family evaluation instruments presented in Chapter 9 of the Thomlison text by describing how this instrument could be used to evaluate therapeutic effectiveness and outcomes with this family. This section of your paper should be approximately 3-4 pages.
- The paper should conclude with a 1-2 page reflection on your chosen perspective; why you chose this model and how your chosen model relates to social work ethics, strengths-based practice, culturally appropriate care, and trauma-informed principles of care.
- Please use the Goldenberg text along with a minimum of 6 other academic sources to support your work. You must appropriately cite all resources used in the paper and include a list of APA-style references at the end of your paper.
less than 6 hours
I may pay